I believe that every child is an artist. My job as the art teacher is to teach standard based art lessons, introduce the students to engaging art lessons, facilitate the students, and encourage a love of the arts.
- Kindergarten- Students will learn how to use art supplies properly. They will be introduced new mediums, learn art procedures, develop fine motor skills, and learn that art is fun!
- 1st Grade- Students will continue to learn how to use art supplies properly. They will continue to learn about new mediums, art procedures, and have fun!
- 2nd & 3rd Grades- Students will learn about art history and create art inspired by different time periods.
- 4th Grade- Students will continue to review art history with a focus on famous artists. Some of the artists we will learn about are Piet Mondrian, Leonardo da Vinci, and Alma Thomas.
- 5th Grade- Students will receive options for choice art which will allow more creative freedom.
Throughout the year, students will create projects that are based around the Indiana Standards.
We are always in need of parents to help hang and take down student art work that is displayed around the school. Please contact me directly if you can assist. You can also click the links below for a listing of supplies needed for upcoming projects. We greatly appreciate your generosity!
317-996-2246 ext. 4303
Art is messy! Sometimes we get sharpies, paint, glue, etc. on our clothes. We try hard not to let this happen, but sometimes it does! Please be aware of what clothes your child is wearing on Art Day!