Project Lead the Way
The Science Lab at Monrovia Elementary focuses on collaboration to solve real-world problems.
While in the lab, students are introduced to real-world situations through the Project Lead The Way curriculum. PLTW provides standards-based learning opportunities for students to explore and build their knowledge in content areas. Once students have developed their understanding, they are able to work collaboratively to create a solution to their real-world problem.
While not an all-inclusive list, please see some of our highlighted learning experiences below.
- Coding- Students use a set of instructions to communicate with computers. Through coding, students are able to make computers perform certain tasks. As their skills evolve, students are able to create games, apps, and more!
- Robotics- Students use computational thinking skills to learn how to move robotic devices and activate simple commands.
- Rockets- Students learn the fundamentals of rocket science by researching, building, and launching model rockets.
- Animal Conservation- Our students participate in an animal conservation curriculum every year. Previous adoptions include a dairy cow and sea turtle.
- Science Fair- Our yearly science fair encourage students of all ages to share their science experiments and the results found. Students are able to showcase their projects to peers and awards are given for top experiment presentations.