We want student to be fully engaged in the learning environment by attending all day, every day. It is vital that students attend school regularly and arrive on time each day to support their success. We want to support our students in achieving an individual attendance goal of 96%. Our students who achieve this attendance goal miss no more than seven (7) days of school each year. While we understand that sometimes our students must miss school due to illness or an appointment, every absence has the potential to interrupt the student’s understanding of the material being presented. Please help us support your child by committing to take the following action steps.
- Monitor you child's attendance weekly via Skyward.
- Report your child's absence by 9:00 A.M.
- Establish an expectation of regular school attendance.
- Establish an expectation of arriving to school on time.
- Communicate with us! We are here to support you!
- Familiarize yourself with the MES Handbook and attendance requirements.
Monrovia Elementary School is required to report a child who is habitually absent from school to an Intake Officer of the Juvenile Court or the Department of Child Services. A habitual absence is defined as follows:
- Habitual Truancy- A student is truant from school ten (10) or more days within a school year. A truant absence also includes unexcused absences. An illness without a physician's note counts toward the ten day "truant" or "non-exempt" count.
- Chronic Absenteeism- A student is absent from school for ten (10) percent or more days within a school year for ANY reason which equates to eighteen (18) school days. This count includes excused or unexcused absences.